The Gala Showcase is now called the Indie Beer Showcase. The Showcase began its life in 2006 as a celebration of microbreweries before being taken over by Good Beer Week in 2014. This year, our focus has shifted slightly from celebrating good beer to celebrating good quality independent beer.
So, what does that mean for punters? Nothing much really. You still enjoy a session of tasting great beers.
For many breweries, nothing really changes either. With our new facelift and name, we also unveil new eligibility requirements. To be eligible to participate in the Indie Beer Showcase, you must be an Australian Indie Brewer. This is how we define this:
- A brewery must sell less than 40 million litres of beer a year
- A brewery doesn’t have more than 20% of it owned by another brewery that sells more than 40 million litres of beer.
- A brewery doesn’t own more than 20% of another brewery that sells more than 40 million litres a year
What stays the same?
- The Indie Beer Showcase offers brewers the chance to put their beers into the hands of beer lovers face-to-face. As with previous years; breweries serve tasters of beer to an excited public.
- There’ll be 30 breweries and food vendors at Fed Square across two public sessions, as well as a session for trade.
- Plus a series of free Masterclasses on offer.
- The Good Beer Week Program will launch to the public.
IBA Members get an additional benefit of a discount on the registration fee.
Registrations for the new Indie Beer Showcase will open this Thursday 12 December at 9am!
Vist https://indiebeershowcase.com.... for registrations.